Insight Global is seeking an experienced Data Center Energy Marshall to work a long-term contract for one of our technology clients. The Energy Marshall must have a strong desire and capability to learn, grow, and develop new skills while empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of data center activities. We are seeking someone with proven experience and understanding of the design, construction, and functionality of data center support, on-site data center operations, and MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) infrastructure who will act as the technical authority for on-site large-scale mission critical projects. Candidates must have experience with Data Center or Mission Critical Facilities/Construction (pharmaceutical, Oil & Gas, Nuclear Energy, Utilities, etc), Proven ability working with energy isolation devices that physically prevent the transmission or release of energy, and experience with the energy tracking process. Lastly, candidates must understand and exhibit a culture of on-site safety regulations and ensure safe working conditions have been established by reviewing documentations, following procedures, performing job hazard analytics, reviewing permits, and auditing the energy program for Construction, commissioning, maintenance, and operations.
Required Skills & Experience
* 5+ years of Data Center or Mission Critical Construction Experience (Ability to interpret blueprints, electrical one-lines, construction drawings, etc)
* Energy Isolations
* Energy Tracking
* MEP Systems (Power Distribution, Lighting, grounding, fire alarms, security, life safety, and control systems)
* Experience with paralleling switchgear, redundant UPS systems, DC battery strings, multi-source electrical utility switchgear, standby diesel generators, etc
* Building Management systems and automation, electrical controls & frameworks
* Substation, Transmission, Distribution
* Experience in the control of Hazardous Energy in Complex Mission Critical Infrastructure
* NFPA70E, NEN3840, NEN3140, National Electrical Code (NEC), and/or OSHA requirements as it relates to Data Center best practices.
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
* Previous experience working at a utility company.
* Bachelor degree in electrical or industrial engineering
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.