An oil & gas client in downtown Houston is looking for a Land Analyst to join their Midstream Land team. This team works closely with groups such as contracts, engineering, projects, and operations. This individual will be primarily responsible for analyzing documents, performing due diligence, and stakeholder engagements. They need to be strong in dealing with digital platforms and metadata.
Further Responsibilities include:
- Maintain, analyze, and interpret pipeline ROW files including easements, lease documents, real estate deeds, and various other documents relating to ownership and rights.
- Address routine ROW related issues, typically in support of 3rd Party Inquiries for the asset and may involve business, legal or operational consequences to Company assets.
- Negotiate and coordinate with private property owners and other utility companies for the acquisition of standard easements, leases, franchises, access agreements, damage releases and assignments.
- Conduct in-house ROW and title searches.
- Draft, maintain and distribute Construction Line List as necessary for project team(s).
- Draft notification letters and make verbal notifications of proposed pipeline work.
- Generates various form agreements (with assistance), managing landowner relationships and assisting with condemnation proceedings.
- Coordinate activities of ROW contractors on projects and during routine support.
- Leverages relationships and interfaces with governmental agencies and the local community for ROW and project permitting issues.
- Oversees the findings from the conflict inquiry process to ensure optimal outcome for the company.
- Research market valuations of property to be acquired or divested.
- Initiate and/or aide in the property transfer process.
- Accountable for forecasting the cost of maintenance and renewal of easements/franchises or other legal instruments enabling us to conduct our business as well as oversee and approve all Payment Recommendations and Check Requests.
- Provides recommendations for the maintenance and upkeep of Land ROW files including the effective use of Quorum Land System
- Schedule, plan and facilitate land department meetings.
Required Skills & Experience
4+ years of Oil & Gas land analysis experience
Strong experience in digital platforms and metadata
Experience reading and interpreting land & legal agreements
Experience with cost tracking
Due diligence experience
Understanding of ROW and Title Research
Land software experience (Quorum, Peloton LandView, ThoughtTrace, etc.)
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.