An employer is looking for a Unity Developer in a Remote location anywhere within the United States. This is for an emerging VR Start Up who is recreating Warcraft in VR. Are you a Senior level developer who loves MMORPGs? How about Virtual Reality? Want to work on a fun, inclusive team? We are seeking to expand our team with Senior VR Game Developers to assist with our Virtual Reality (VR) massively multiplayer online role-playing game project (MMORPG). In this position, you will work with the team to create new features, refine existing functionality, optimize performance, and assist in general development.
Product summary: recreating Warcraft in VR
- The Unity Developer will be working directly with the game designers and artists to write game feature code and implementation in Unity. An example of this might be working with a designer to code and implement fishing in the open world game and discuss with the designer how they envisioned it to feel for the user.
- This product is for PC VR and Meta Quest they have to design for mobile because of Quest hardware they will eventually incorporate the PlayStation platform
- Background in gaming is a major plus because the Unity Developer will be working in a VR open world environment for a real time multiplayer game. Candidates will need to have and understanding of the networking side for multiplayer for server authoritative networking and/or game networking in general.
- The team is also looking for a candidate that has experience with memory optimization. Unity has its own built-in internal tools for optimization and this team is working with customized code. Meta Quests memory crashes if 70% full as an example and the team is trying to keep memory usage low and working on memory optimization (this can be taught if a candidate does not have experience in this area).
- 4+ Years of Unity game or VR development and programing experience
- 5+ Years of experience in developing in C#, C, or C++
- Experience with network (multiplayer) and/or Server Authoritative networking programming for VR or Game development
- A passion for game development, MMORPGs, RPGs, and/or VR games
- 4+ years of Unity game development and programming experience
- Experience with professional development, SDLC, testing, and operations
- Experience with network (multiplayer) programming
- Experience with profiling and optimization (memory optimization)
- Experience with rendering pipelines
- Appetite to learn new technologies, methodologies, and implementations of code
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Writing clean, well-commented, maintainable code
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.