The Cloud Infrastructure Land Development & Community (LDC) organization is responsible for delivering datacenter campus sites to a condition ready for permanent works to support construction of Data Centers. We are looking for a passionate, high-energy individual to help build out Microsoft's cloud, the network that powers the world's largest online services. The Early Works Construction Project Manager oversees the planning, compliance, and progress of the Early Works General Contractor. He or she will direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities in the field for onsite delivery of projects with a wide variety of unique requirements favoring civil specialties including site earthworks, building demolition, environmental remediation, grading and vegetation removal, and substation pad construction.
Specific Job Task -- This Project Engineer will work with the General Contractor engineering team to ensure that: 1) construction details and permit requirements are confirmed, 2) contiguous trades are coordinated, 3) materials are reviewed, approved, fabricated, and delivered to the site, 4) overall schedule is maintained, and 5) safe worksite practices are observed and adhered to at all times. This role requires regular engagement with key Microsoft stakeholders, including Land Development, Microsoft Security, Legal, Design, Construction, and Operations teams, regulatory agencies, and outside consultants and contractors.
Roles and Responsibilities - The Early Works Construction Project Manager is part of the Land Development Construction team and works onsite monitoring and refining the long range and short-term plans to drive project delivery. He or she will be responsible for directing the day-to-day activities in the field, manage and coordinate the flow of communication, control costs, manage and control the schedule, implement and monitor the safety programs, and verify that the completed work is constructed to a quality level consistent with the requirements of the construction ! documents. Specific responsibilities will include:
* On-site Construction Management of Early Works delivery for sites.
* Accountability for developing, managing, and reporting on safety, scope, schedule, and budget.
* Manages and advocates for safe worksites by adhering to organizational and industry procedures. Reviews prior audit results and relevant legislation in order to recommend and manage safety compliance. Shares lessons learned with relevant stakeholders
* Regular internal reporting of project status and costs to meet KPI's and budget requirements.
* Serve as project single point of contact for Early Works construction and communicates delivery status and progress.
* Coordinate meetings and activities of vendors, cost managers, and integration of lessons learned.
* Support of regulatory agency, stakeholder and community engagement activities and negotiations for new builds and existing facilities.
Skills and Qualifications - In order to be successful, you must have a strong background in project and construction management, be cable to work in a dynamic and global organization, and have a strong desire to continually learn and innovate. In particular, we will expect you to:
* Have a strong background in project management and the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders to drive desired outcomes.
* Have general knowledge and experience with a broad variety of construction means and methods.
* Be fluent in business English (additional regional languages are a plus).
* Work well within a fast-paced organization who is a self-starter, process-minded, and collaborative.
Required Skills & Experience
Basic Qualifications -
* Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field AND 5+ years of related experience or equivalent experience
* Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional and positive working relationships with internal and external teams.
Experience Required --
Candidates must have:
* 5+ years of progressive responsibility in development and delivery of complex capital projects and programs.
* 5+ years of construction program and project management experience in America, including cross coordination amongst disciplines.
* Experience with mission critical facilities or large-scale construction projects.
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
Ideally will have:
* Demonstrated track record of a willingness and ability to consistently dive deep into project delivery, creative problem solving, and the ability to push past barriers to achieve full project execution.
* Certified Construction Manager (CCM)
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.