A major Oil and Gas client of Insight Global's is looking to add a Compliance Manger to their team in New York. This person reports to the Senior Compliance Manager and is primarily responsible for performing surveillance of business activities, influencing culture, delivering training and providing guidance to the business to ensure compliance with all laws, regulations and bp policies and procedures. They will conduct proactive compliance risk assessments and reviews of trading activity, strategies and business communications in order to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations enacted by external regulatory authorities (e.g., CFTC, FERC, and exchanges) as well as internal policies and procedures.
· 7 -- 10 years working in Natural Gas and Power industry OR
· 7 -- 10 years working in compliance supporting a power and/or energy commodities trading & marketing business.
· Experience working directly with traders on the trade floor
· Experience with CFTC (commodity futures trading commission), FERC (federal energy regulatory commission) and exchanges
· Strong analytical skills making recommendations and answering questions for Traders based on data sets
· Advanced technical skills (e.g. Microsoft Excel, Access, Teams, Power BI, etc.).
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.