One of the largest engineering firms in the KC area is seeking to hire two (1 Staff level 1 Senior level) electrical engineers to join the growing team in their Oil, Gas & Chemical department.
As as an electrical engineer, you will apply your knowledge of industrial electrical system design requirements, design deliverables, project schedule, and leadership skills to lead teams of engineers and designers, and help grow the business by developing strong relationships with our clients.
As a senior electrical engineer you will participate in projects from conceptual planning, feasibility analysis, and front-end engineering design (FEED) estimates, through detailed design, construction and startup. The senior electrical engineer will serve as the project lead electrical engineer on EPC projects and as Project Manager on electrical upgrade projects. The senior electrical engineer must be able to delegate effectively, mentor effectively, provide leadership, guidance, training, and instruction to less experienced engineers.
· Have detail knowledge of API, NFPA 70, 70E, NEMA, PIP, and other industry standards
· Evaluate client requirements and author clarifications and exceptions to RFPs, design basis documents, project execution plans and electrical scopes of work.
· Provide hands-on electrical engineering while mentoring and coaching the discipline team.
· Preparation of electrical studies including: electrical system load studies, short-circuit analysis, relay coordination, arc flash studies, motor starting system dynamics, harmonics analysis, ground fault analysis, and other calculations as required.
· Have detail knowledge of SKM or ETAP electrical system modeling software packages.
· Help develop and refine electrical department procedures and specifications.
· Interact daily with senior management.
· Regularly meet and correspond with clients and vendors
· Design and retrofit 15kV, 5kV, and 480V electrical systems
· Manage a cable schedule by interacting with controls engineers
· Write specs to purchase electrical equipment
· Travel to the project site during construction to answer questions
· Write energization guidelines with the initial operations team
Experience in construction and field start up is a plus. Experience with large industrial facility revamp projects with customized scope is a plus. Advanced knowledge of industry standards and codes such as NEC, API, PIP, IEEE color series books is a plus. This position will be accountable for schedule and budget and making trips to job sites to survey existing electrical conditions (travel about 15%).
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering from ABET accredited program
- 3 to 10 years related experience (Masters degree in related field may substitute for years of experience)
- Senior Level: Registered Professional Engineer
- Staff Level: EIT/sitting for FE
- Basic knowledge of construction methods such as cable tray installation, cable pulling, cable testing etc.
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Refinery, Gas processing or Chemical Facility experience
- NCEES Record for licensing in multiple states
- Previous consulting experience
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.