A client of Insight Global is looking to add 2 Stationary Engineers to their team. As a participating member of the Power Plant team, the Stationary Engineer will stand watch in the boiler/chiller plant, making rounds and taking readings. This person Reports directly to Associate Director Utilities & Infrastructure. The incumbent makes decisions regarding boiler and chiller loads in order to satisfy campus heating/cooling requirements. Observes plant equipment during operation and makes recommendations regarding equipment condition and potential maintenance needs. Plays an important role in the operation of the plant and is expected to be a contributing member of the Power Plant team with regard to the overall function of the operation
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
* Start, stop and operate boilers, chillers, combustion turbine/generator and related equipment consistent with a central power plant environment.
* Perform routine maintenance, lubrication, and cleaning of boilers, chillers, combustion turbine/generator and plant equipment on a regular basis.
* Test boiler and cooling tower water condition and add chemical treatment to maintain proper limits and to prevent deposits or corrosion.
* Check boiler safety and shut down equipment.
* Disassemble, inspect, reassemble and clean equipment.
* Understand and become proficient in the operation and use of all plant software packages.
* Make rounds and keep equipment and plant logs.
* Monitor and log fuel oil and gas consumption.
* Take and log fuel oil tank levels during fuel oil burning operations.
* Attend staff meetings, training seminars and in-service plant equipment training sessions as scheduled.
* Performs assigned duties in a manner that fosters initiative, cooperation, problem solving and team building.
* Makes recommendations to update, renew or institute current or new practices or policies within the plant.
* Perform other functions and duties as assigned.
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.