Insight Global is seeking an Operations Engineer to sit onsite in Belle Chasse, Louisiana, 5 days per week. The Engineer chosen for this role will be responsible for interacting with the control room, field operations leadership and field personnel to analyze operational problems, develop alternatives and recommend optimal solutions. Seeks and identifies opportunities to optimize systems, save costs and improve our operations and maximize operating performance & value. Provides initial design engineering, scope development, schedule and cost estimates for maintenance expense and/or capital jobs as well as growth capital projects. Coordinates and manages third party engineering designs for projects, and project engineers and/or construction crews to ensure execution on desired scope of work. Works closely with the project manager or assumes the role of Project Manager for individual projects or programs as needed. Analyzes and optimizes natural gas processing plant recoveries/efficiencies. Participates or leads PHAs for processing facilities and is responsible for resolving or identifying projects to address identified issues. Performs hydraulic simulations of pressures and flow rates through pipelines transporting oil, NGLs or natural gas. Works in coordination with the commercial team in new growth project development, providing iterations and various options for initial feasibility designs & cost estimates.
* 7+ years of oil and gas /process engineering experience
* 3+ years of process or project experience in a plant environment
* Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree (not Civil)
* Broad based engineering and operational knowledge with the ability to understand, lead efforts in or provide internal support for civil, electrical, mechanical and process control issues or designs
* Familiar with PSM and process hazard analysis process and able to perform PHA's for process facilities
* Familiar with process simulation (Promax or equivalent) and hydraulic modeling software
* Professional Engineers license
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.