Day to day:
Our client is looking for an IT Business Analysis Manager to manage a team of 6 Business Analysts within the Digital Strategy and Services team. This is a hybrid remote/in office position, coming to the office in Chicago, IL 2 days a week. The day to day of the IT Business Analysis Manager will manage business analysts to ensure optimal performance and adherence to business and functional requirements governance and best practices. This person will work with IT leadership and business analysts to develop, apply business and functional requirements governance and best practices, and deliver technology solutions to support business objectives. This role will engage project stakeholders while ensuring the requirements are clearly identified and documented to keep the project on track for completion. The perfect candidate will have expert level experience in all business analysis capabilities to be able to mentor, motivate, train, and implement core processes/practices to the BA team.
Business/Functional Governance Management
* Define and manage business and functional requirements governance and best practices by partnering with IT leadership and IT business analysts.
* Recognize and identify potential areas where existing business and functional requirements policies and procedures require change to lead collaboration with peers to establish and improve standard business and functional requirements practices.
* Resolve issues and mitigate risks associated with gathering of business and functional requirements.
* Establish and maintain ongoing collaborative meetings refining governance in response to business/technology opportunities or changes.
* Lead Center of Excellence for the creation and publishing of consistency, standardized templates, and artifacts for our business analyst practice.
* Manage business analyst personnel while optimizing allocation-based skills, experience and/or interest when possible.
* Identify opportunities and execute a plan to facilitate knowledge transfer within the team and successfully cross train resources whenever possible.
* Evaluate project and staff performance to make recommendations for staff development. Execute performance management for the business analyst team, including setting goals and objectives.
* Collaborate with business and technology partners.
* Direct and drive successful business relationships with key internal partners and significant external partners.
* Own key client relationships with a focus on exemplary customer service and service delivery.
User Acceptance Testing
* Define and lead creation of user acceptance test cases for strategic projects as required.
* Transform business and functional requirements into traceability matrix to develop comprehensive user acceptance test cases.
* Facilitate user acceptance testing training with key business stakeholders as required.
* Analyze and validate user acceptance test plans do not replicate unit, system and/or regression testing.
* Provide standard processes and tools for collecting user acceptance feedback which can be effectively leveraged by project managers, software engineers and other project stakeholders as required.
Required Skills & Experience
* BS or BA degree in computer science or related field
* 7+ years experience with core Business Analysis responsibilities
* 2-3+ years of managerial experience
* Waterfall and Agile based SDLC methodology experience
* 5+ years of experience leading user acceptance testing
* Requirements definition and documentation techniques (ensuring that business requirements, user requirements, and functional requirements are clear, concise, testable, traceable)
* Experience creating user acceptance test plans using a traceability matrix leveraging documented business and functional requirements
* Experience with analysis techniques/methods (scope diagrams, process models, data models, use cases, user stories, storyboards, prototypes, CRUD matrix, etc.)
* Solid technical experience to relay both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical groups
* Experience facilitating and driving groups to consensus/decision making
* Strong analytical skills, problem-solving skills, and ability to understand/apply concepts such as resource utilization, work effort, percent to complete, and project health
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
* Experience collaborating using Microsoft Teams
* Experience with departmental forecasting and budgeting
* Graduate degree in Business (MBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) Certification
* Healthcare Industry experience
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.