A client of Insight Global is looking for a Big Data Developer with Azure, Java, and SQL skills to join their linking team. The linking team is responsible for linking billions of public and proprietary records to create a unique entity identifier for consumers, organizations and providers. We're looking for an experienced, smart, driven individual who will help us build and deliver enterprise-wide big data linking solutions by resolving complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with a unique blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills. This includes analyzing and linking large data problems using various statistical techniques, developing data models, implementing solutions, and providing support. This position provides assistance and input to management, develops in large multifunctional development activities, solves complex technical problems, writes complex code for computer systems, and serves as a senior source of expertise. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of data engineering experience with excellent Java and SQL skills, deploying applications into Azure interfacing with CosmosDB. It would be considered a nice to have to have a background in mathematics, statistical analysis, and data science.
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelor or Master's degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, or equivalent technical discipline
* 5+ years of data engineering experience working with big data analytics and numerous large data sets/data warehouses
* Ability to assemble, analyze, and evaluate big data and be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations to stakeholders
* Good analytical and problem solving skills, good understanding of different data structures, algorithms and their usage in solving business problems
* Experience with Search algorithms and/or preparing data for Search applications
* Ability to collaborate and lead internal and external technology resources in solving complex business needs
* Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc.
* Experience with Big data technologies,
* Knowledge of Data science and NLP
* Understanding of precision and recall in data science
* Experience with Data Mining
* Familiarity with clustering and linking of data
* Exposure Text Mining and Natural Language Processing (NLP)
* Expertise in development languages Java and SQL
* Experience with cloud technologies -- Azure, Databricks, Cosmos DB
* Deploying apps into Azure and interfacing with CosmoDB
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
* Experience with managing a team or ambition to do that would be an advantage
* Relevant industry experience: healthcare, insurance, finance, etc.
* Certifications in data science/NLP/Azure
* Other cloud experience
* Mathematics background
* Georgia Tech education
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.