Insight Global is actively hiring for a Senior Technical Scrum Master to join the one of our largest Supply Chain & Transportation clients. This individual will be responsible for leading multiple agile development teams (of varying maturity), contributing to the successful implementation of assigned stories by ensuring that all the required elements are appropriately understood, documented, owned, and actioned by the team. This individual will lead scrum of scrums, program iteration planning, and inspects and adapts. They will facilitate sprint events such as stand ups, planning, demo, and retrospective. They will be expected to apply technical/business knowledge in determining end-to-end design requirements for large initiatives involving line of business and agile teams. They will work closely with developers and testers to ensure requirements and designs are translated accurately into working stories. They will coach the teams in self-organization and cross-functionality. A successful candidate is self-motivated and willing to guide/coach the team on Agile practices that does not rely on stakeholders to push them. They will facilitate retrospectives to foster continual improvement in team members, assist in removing impediments identified by team members and will assist the Product Owner in establishing empirical product planning for a complex environment.
It is expected that this individual will stay current on changes in the Agile community to have the best available tools for positive change. This individual must have specific experience working in an organization that was undergoing an Agile transformation, hence, this individual has worked with teams of very low maturity and played a key role in bringing the specific teams to highly functioning Agile teams.
Required Skills & Experience
- 6-10+ years of leading Agile teams as a Scrum Master in an Enterprise IT environment
- Experience leading Agile Scrum ceremonies (Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Backlog Refinement, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review/Demo, Sprint Retrospective)
- Experience working with Agile teams using Azure DevOps for backlog and release management highly desirable (Jira is also acceptable)
- Comfortable working in an environment with lots of pivots, direction changes, fast paced, must be flexible
- Proven Experience coaching highly immature Agile teams transforming teams to steady state, highly functioning Agile teams
- Comes from a highly technical background, ideally started their career as a developer
- Proven knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Ability to understand pain points, etc.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Proven success in building strong relationships, managing stakeholder expectations, possess exemplary communication skills
- Proven experience coaching and motivating team members
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Specific hands-on experience with Azure DevOps
- Agile SAFe Certification / Additional Agile Certifications
- Specific industry experience working in Transportation or Logistics
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.