The IT Business Analyst plays a central role in aligning the needs of the business with the capabilities within IT and serves as a liaison among the various stakeholders. This role will utilize a variety of analysis techniques and have a working knowledge of the business unit and business processes they support. The project business analyst elicits, documents, and validates business requirements following the PMO project lifecycle and collaborates with IT to translate those requirements into viable solutions. The project business analyst's role will also include scoping and managing estimation efforts by working with internal teams to estimate project costs and timelines. This individual will be familiar with user acceptance testing and comfortable coordinating the testing efforts between stakeholders and IT teams. The overall objective of this role is to contribute to continuous iterative exploration and investigation of business performance and other measures to gain insight and drive business planning and project execution.
* Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis and workflow analysis. Plans, designs and recommends business processes to improve and support business activities
* Assists in the development of test plans/test scenarios and provide support during business application testing to verify requirements and business needs are fully implemented
* Interprets stakeholder business needs and translates them into system (functional and non-functional) and operational requirements that improves the organization's operating efficiencies and costs
* Actively participate and support the delivery of business capabilities within an Agile framework (such as documenting or helping document user stories, acceptance criteria, root cause analysis, and provide effort estimates)
* Partners with stakeholders to gather and document requirements and explore potential solutions in collaboration with Developers, Project and QA team members -- can offer workarounds where determined
* Tracks outstanding issues, effort estimates, implementation timelines and works with project delivery managers and release management team to plan implementation target dates
* Interacts professionally and carries a positive attitude with a diverse group of executives, managers, subject matter experts, end-users and agents
* Contributes to the overall growth and maturity of the Business Analysis function within the IT organization by engaging in collaborative and constructive discussions
* Identify and communicate risks and impacts, considering business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
* 3+ years of relevant experience required.
* Preferred candidate will possess 3+ years of experience in an IT BA role or similar function.
* Experience in technical, business and process documentation required.
* Ability to communicate with clients, stakeholders, and project members.
*Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
*Ability to successfully collaborate in a team environment with multiple team members.
*Flexibility to work in a fast-paced, priority-shifting environment.
*Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
*Experience with stakeholder or client management.
* Experience with developing and evaluating business needs and processes.
*Knowledge of structured analysis and design methodologies.
*Ability to translate systems requirements to business needs.
*Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle Process.
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.