- Install desktops, portable computers, peripherals, and software products for networked, classified and unclassified, and standalone environments.
- Detect, diagnose, research solutions, and resolve desktop and portable computer software and hardware failures.
- Provide users with information, guidance, and instruction on use of desktop and portable computer hardware and software. * Analyze and assess customer service requests and provide prompt technical solutions.
- Conduct IT audits as assigned, in compliance with policies governing the administration, utilization, and acquisition of desktop and portable computer products.
- Prepare progress/status reports and submit to team leads as required.
- Utilize trouble-ticketing software for opening/updating/closing tickets in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Identify and document areas for process improvements.
- Contact and effectively communicate with users by telephone, electronic communications, or in person.
- Prepare equipment for reuse or surplus of property actions.
- Provide technical support for customers assigned to remote locations as required.
- Perform software and hardware upgrades and installations involving multiple computers, printers, multi-printers, and peripherals.
- Coordinate the disassembly and reinstallation of IT equipment in support of office relocations and new buildings/locations.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs, must be physically able to walk, squat, bend, twist, lift, crawl under desks, reach out and above head, carry items, push and pull carts loaded with equipment.
Required Skills & Experience
- Associates degree and 2 years of deskside support experience
- Top Secret Clearance
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.