The Sr. Art Director, Consumables (Baby/Pet/Personal Care/Household Essentials) will support the Walmart creative team in concept through execution for marketing/brand campaigns that will translate across multiple channels including site, email, paid social, and display ads. Our ideal candidate must be a problem solver, conceptual thinker and able to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. They should be organized, detail-oriented and exhibit outstanding design judgement.
In this role, the Sr. Art Director will oversee a team of art directors and designers--validating and directing their work as well as providing project opportunities for their career development. They will manage the day-to-day and work with the team to develop creative solutions in response to marketing briefs. This role works collaboratively with other team leads (within creative & cross-functionally) to develop effective communications and experiences.
* 8+ years of professional Design experience in advertising, e-commerce, and production
* 3+ years of management experience
* Solid understanding of design theory
* Experience working on set
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects), Microsoft Office and Figma
* Photo art direction experience ideally in the pet/baby or the lifestyle space
* Retouching (clipping, extending backgrounds, compositing etc.) and layout (type, color theory, hierarchy, balance) capabilities.
* Understanding of responsive/adaptive design
* Ability to take creative direction and work well in a collaborative team environment.
* Organized with diligent follow-through on every task.
* Excellent written, communication and presentation skills
* BA in Graphic Design or other relevant education
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.