Insight Global is looking for a Creative Finance Manager to join our clients' Creative & Business Operations. This person will thrive in a highly matrixed environment, has a strong business acumen while balancing the complexity and nuance of creative development and production. The Creative Financial Manager are the fly wheel that help drive decisions through functional expertise in creative affairs management and operations. The Creative Enablement & Reporting team relies on Business Analyst as the bedrock of data on financial ramifications and operational assessment. Strong understanding of creative and production, fully realized costs associated with project scoping, and evaluating opportunity cost is vital to the Creative Studio and Marketing organization success. Collaboration and strategic problem-solving is paramount to the success of this role.
The ability to navigate across multi-layered teams is crucial as your role is part of a valued partnership built on subject matter expertise and transparency. Being proactive in all ways; communication, process improvement and continuous learning are some of the key tenants of how we operate. The right candidate is detail-oriented, strive for excellence, and proactively manage projects, relationships, budget, and deliverables. You understand small business finances, capital expenditures, and big business processes and procedures.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Ownership of all financial tracking and reporting of WCS forecasting, estimates and actual spend for the Walmart Creative Studio. Ensure accuracy of data, but also provide insights, identify trends, and make recommendations to stakeholders to ensure the overall budget is utilized to its highest and best use.
* Provide leadership with monthly, quarterly reports that not only are numbers; but explains the "why" decisions were made for business context. Pivoting needs are inevitable and thoughtful communication surrounding those decisions will keep alignment.
* Lead the annual budget process; partner cross functionally with creative leads, marketing, finance, and operational leadership to gather and provide the proper information to ensure right allocations and recommendations are made during this multi-step process.
* Partner closely with the Creative Business Advisors who are part of Creative Enablement & Reporting, offering support with various projects such as but not limited to; business cases, vendor contracts and negotiations (SOWs and MSAs), sourcing consultants using trusted staffing agencies, business cases in support of allocation or funding of incremental projects.
* Collaborate with the Creative Metrics & Reporting team to build models that improve creative efficiency and optimization of resources as it relates to financial and operational governance. Help with analysis that supports the creative data ecosystem.
* Strategically align with Creative Operations and Creative Tools team. Reciprocate expertise to their scope of ownership to drive efficiencies within the operations team. Overlapping areas of work that converge, such as reporting tools or vendor management will require partnership to integrate these broader initiatives.
* Maintain a close partnership with our staffing agencies to support the sourcing of the right talent for the Creative Studio as it relates to funding of role, rate cards and the overall roster of talent across the Walmart Creative Studio.
* Engage with stakeholders for capacity planning to ensure staffing levels are balanced, consultant compensation is at a fair market and accuracy of pertinent information of the creative roster.
* Consistently iterate on our processes as it relates to financial tracking, budget movements and operations. Provide the proper documentation and roll out of information in a thoughtful and cohesive way.
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience working with cross functional teams within a Marketing, advertising, creative, or studio, retail or ecommerce environment.
- Knowledge of creative operations; integrated production, storytelling, copy, design and illustrations.
- Broad understanding of agency and creative finances (forecast, plan, estimates, actuals, etc...) budgeting, reporting, contracts and negotiation
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage budgets ($1M budgets at minimum); clear understanding of the financial process and reporting.
- Excellent soft skills (influencing, persuasion, and communication) and proven relationship-building skills.
- Ability to work in an ever changing environment, and help lead change management
- Thrives, excels, and remains calm in an extremely fast-paced and high-volume production environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, knows how to distill information and communicate upwards in a succinct way
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.