An employer is looking for great Project Engineers to work for a large utility company. In this role you will be responsible for supporting the Power Generation organization in support of damns, watersheds, roads, bridges, canals and power houses. We are looking for engineers that have experience in either mechanical, electrical, or civil experience. In this role depending on your trait, you will be responsible for supporting these assets, documenting the work and reporting information to your project manager. You will be supporting large projects as well as troubleshooting miscellaneous work such as looking at oil samples,, specking out new valves and gates, actuators malfunction, problem solving on issues, dealing with maintenance to fill out. Almost an aspect of plant engineering. Overseeing the design work and working with O&M, getting the right scope for the design and 99% of work is not designed by PGE engineers, they provide direction / oversight / review. Small team inside PG7E do design work, majority of projects go out to engineering firms and Project Engineers are charging appropriately and they are like the Owners Engineer and PGE is getting what they are asking for. Some field time and some office time. We need these individuals to have go-getter personalities, be independent, and extremely diligent.
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of Engineering experience (Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil)
- Civil (bridges, flumes, concrete, structures, platforms)
- Electrical (working on transformers, electrical circuit, integrating back up generators into the electrical grid that serve their facilities)
- Mechanical (pumps, valves, gates, hydraulic equipment, actuators, flowrate, welding, generators, piping)
- Have a degree and has EIT (EIT - Engineering in Training; ideally a CA PE)
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite products (for documentation)
- Ability to travel as needed (you work 4x10's, onsite 1 day a week, in field 2 days a week)
- Ideally coming from utility or construction background
- Have reliable transportation and an updated license
- Excellent oral and written communication
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Any experience supporting Hydro assets
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.