Structural Day to Day:
As a Structural Engineer with a focus on analytical responsibilities, especially within Finite Element Analysis (FEA) maps, here are some of the day-to-day responsibilities you may have: conduct structural analysis of ships to calculate a vessel design's potential stresses and fatigue using FEA software. This includes analyzing stresses, strains, and deformations of the structure under various loading conditions. Additionally, you will develop design criteria based on the results of your structural analysis, ensuring that the structure can withstand the expected loads and environmental conditions, create 3D models of the structure using CAD software and then import these models into FEA software for analysis, interpret the results of your structural analysis and use them to make recommendations for improvements or changes to the structure design.
The ideal candidate has a background in ship, shipyard, aerospace, oil and gas, or similar industries as these programs require complex design structures.
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering
* Knowledge of FEA methods, analytics, and testing
* Working knowledge of ship and propulsion systems, or similar system from the Aerospace/Aviation, and Oil and Gas Industry
* Experience using AutoCAD 2D and 3D
* Experience come from one of the following industries: Shipbuilding, Oil/Gas, Plant, Hotel Services, or Building Services
* Computer literate and familiar with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products.
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
* Experience in the construction of high speed aluminum vessels
* Knowledge of modular construction methods
* Knowledge in design and construction of US Navy vessels
* Knowledge of shock design
* Knowledge of composite shafting
* Working knowledge of Maritime Regulatory Authorities (i.e. ABS, DNV, GL, NAVSEA, MIL, USCG, IMO, etc.)
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.