IMPORTANT: This position will cover an opening on our overnight shift (10:00 PM to 9:00 AM CST Monday - Thursday) to cover contractual requirements. This position is an overnight shift, 4x10 shift. This position is a 60/40 office/remote based role. Location preference is WV040, but the manager is open to candidates that are local to Minneapolis - MN102. 100% remote workers will not be accepted.
Positions in this function provide technical support to our state government clients. This function includes working on Incident Management response and restoration; determination of issue priority, provisioning, and service request fulfillment; installations, upgrades, and releases/deployments; and Problem Management analysis and resolution.
As a Tech Support Analyst II you would work as a part of a dynamic team involved with providing technical support and issue resolution to external and internal customers which may include users of all types and skill levels. Responsibilities may also include security access processing, ID tracking, maintenance of reporting logs, password reset assistance as well as more advanced troubleshooting and support.
Key attributes of individuals successful in this position:
Extensive work experience, possibly in multiple functions.
Acts as a resource for others.
Applies knowledge/skills to complex activities.
Demonstrates a depth and breadth of knowledge/skills in own area and is often able to apply these outside of own function.
Often acts as a technical resource to others in own function.
Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions.
Solves complex problems on own; proactively identifies new solutions to problems.
Plans, prioritizes, organizes and completes work to meet established objectives.
Acts as a facilitator to resolve conflicts on team; seen as key team member on project teams spanning more than own function.
* Answer and resolve inbound technical calls at a corporate Help Desk, efficiently and professionally, in a fast paced call center environment
* Troubleshoot applications with the use of a Knowledge Base and assign issues to the appropriate support group as needed
* Follow all escalation procedures according to service level agreement
* Use remote control tool to assist end users when needed
* Provide an accurate record of each call in incident management tracking tool
* Demonstrate a depth and breadth of knowledge/skills in own area and is often able to apply these outside of own function
* Act as a technical resource to others to resolve problems, issues, errors or related
* Anticipate customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
* Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established objectives
* Utilize application-monitoring tools to proactively identify issues and/or utilize to triage and resolve issues.
* Collaborate with client engagement teams to ensure optimal monitoring solutions are implemented and maintained.
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree or higher level of education or relevant experience
* 5 or more years of experience with PC operating systems including Windows NT, 2000 and XP
* 3 or more years of experience in a customer service role
* 3 or more years of Technology Support experience, including advanced level of triaging
* 1 or more years of experience with maintenance and operations (M&O) support
* Experience with MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
* Ability to communicate professionally both written and oral
* Excellent customer service and soft skills
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
* Information Technology certifications preferred
* Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) certification preferred
* Computing Technology Industry Association A+ certification a plus
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) a plus
* 1 or more years of experience with monitoring tools including Micro Focus (HP) Operations Bridge, Sitescope, and the Dynatrace application performance suite preferred
* Experience with Networking Principles, Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP), Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
* Call Center experience preferred
* Intermediate knowledge of monitoring tools including Micro Focus (HP) Operations Bridge, Sitescope, and the Dynatrace application performance suite