An employer is looking for a Remote Sr. Cloud Networking Engineer to work PST. This person will plan and build the network in Azure. They will design the best way for Cloud Networking to communicate. In the cloud, there's servers for certain systems and they need this person to come in and connect those servers. This company is building across the globe so they need to have experience with global connections. They will lay down the best practice on how to do this as well as guide others. Edge computing experience is a must as they need to place the cloud infrastructure/footprint in certain locations so servers can connect. This person will build a holistic view and roadmap of the company's technology strategy and processes. They will work in collaboration with DevOps, Networking and Security teams to plan, design and implement resilient and scalable networking aspects of cloud solutions spanning PaaS services, hybrid (muiti-cloud and on-premises) setup and virtual machines. They will maximize network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting and update Network Security based on VNETs & Subnets, with traffic monitoring, etc. This person will be monitoring usage of cloud network and implementing effective security strategies on cloud networks. They also will be designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks. They will also be configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security, and need to have an understanding of geo-redundancy, CDN and VPN technologies.
* 5+ years of experience in core cloud networking implementations including Azure, Google Cloud Platform and their connectivity to on-premises VMWare resources
* Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments, be able to manage through ambiguity and complexity, invent and simplify processes.
* Define the architecture and influence the solution and business strategy to build a cost-effective network control and data plane
* Intermediate knowledge of at least one Infrastructure-as-a-Code tools
* Experience in tools like GitHub, CI/CD pipelines,
* Experience building and securing high availability applications using cloud native tools (Load balancers, Azure DNS, Edge computing, VPN gateways, Transit gateways, WAF, etc.)
* Experience working through various Cloud architectures (preference for Azure and GCP IaaS) to influence solution to solve customer problems
* Takes ownership and follows through on tasks; drives decisions; results-oriented
* Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities
* Experience working in a Agile/Scrum development model
* Prior experience working in a biotech firm or a similar organization that involves regulatory/compliance requirements is preferred
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.