* Develops asset valuation models and analyzes market risk to actively monitor risk of commercial positions.
* Performs ad-hoc analyses to inform asset modeling decisions to support risk management framework.
* Regularly reviews market positions to identify risk drivers and recommends remedial strategies.
* Leads department projects relative to system enhancements, quantitative modeling and process improvement.
* Provides consultative review of transactions prior to execution that considers market, supply and credit risk implications in the decision making process.
* Assist in strategies to streamline and mitigate risk associated with external reporting requirements.
* Analyzes credit provisions for standard enabling agreements and new resource acquisitions.
* Performs proactive scenario analysis of margin accounts to anticipate future collateral requirements, works with Treasury to address potential cash flow constraints.
* Monitors daily credit exposures, notify traders when the thresholds are being approached and address limit or restriction exceedances by formulating appropriate mitigation plans.
* Works with internal and external stakeholders to collaborate on resolving issues, developing policy and drafting framework documentation.
* Performs analysis, drafts memos and presents risk assessments to senior management following significant market events and to address risk mitigation opportunities.
Analyze financial returns for energy assets, market prices and variability of wind generation while creating valuations and running reports on distributions
* Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field
* 5+ years in finance roles preferably within risk management
* Prior experience and knowledge of the energy or gas space, thermal generation, hydraulic or wind energy
Strong understanding of various statistical models and methods
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.