Insight Global is hiring a Proposal Manager to work for their client in Reston, VA, Huntsville, AL, or Franklin, TN. Proposal Manager can sit primarily remote but will be expected to go onsite every few weeks. Proposal Manager manages the execution of responses for U.S. Government issued RFP, RFI, and Sources Sought. The Proposal Manager participates in capture planning and strategy development, leads the full life cycle of the proposal process, and works closely with the Capture Manager, Operations, Contracts, Pricing, and external teammates and/or subcontractors to produce the final response document and follow-up on customer requests under strict deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Lead the full life cycle proposal process, to include, producing a compliance matrix and proposal schedule, assigning deliverables and managing technical writing team and graphic designer, creating proposal response outlines, drafting non-technical sections, compiling and editing supplied content, and scheduling and leading the kickoff meeting, stand-up meetings, and color reviews.
* Acts as the RFP subject matter expert and communicates customer requirements and deadlines to the bid team members.
* Monitors GovWin, GSA eBuy, and other relevant bid portals for amendments, modifications, and/or additional information necessary to obtain and provide updates to bid team regarding schedule and requirements.
* Interfaces with government customer or coordinates responses to inquiries with internal Business Development and/or Contracts team.
* Manages collaborative workspace (SharePoint) to maintain document control.
* Performs desktop publishing in Adobe InDesign (primary) or Microsoft Word (based on customer requirements) to create initial draft proposal, color team review materials, and final proposal documents.
* Creates and/or assists in development of visuals for the response.
* Collects and provides feedback and lessons learned to help improve the quality of proposal responses, boilerplate content, tools, and processes as part of proposal closeout.
* May be responsible to prepare worksheets for cost accounting/estimating by analyzing blueprints, plans, and related customer documents. This position may also consult with technical and trade personnel as required.
* Monitors RFP project compliance requirements to ensure compliance with Service Contract Act, Davis Bacon Act and other Federal regulations as required.
* Responsible for keeping current on government regulations and commercial trends.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* 5-8 years of relevant work experience in proposal development, preferably managing solicitation responses for U.S. Government clients, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
* Must show good tenue on resume, not job hoppy
* Experience with color team review
* Excellent proposal and project management skills with the ability to manage diverse proposal teams of various sizes and interface with executive management.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while managing multiple proposals and tasks with competing priorities.
* Proficient in full Microsoft Office suite of products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, and Teams.
* Experience with IDIQ and or task order proposals
* Experience with BOS (Base Operations Support) contracts
* Ability to produce proposal documents in Adobe InDesign is highly desirable.
* Knowledge of Bid and Proposal best practices and process and understanding of U.S. Government procurement regulations and labor laws is highly desirable.
* APMP certification and/or formal proposal management training (Shipley) is highly desirable.
* OCONUS (outside of continental US)experience is desirable
* Experience in PleaseReview is desirable