Insight Global is hiring for an AWS Data Engineer to join a program focused on providing advanced analytics to a Federal Client. This role if centered around supporting the Data Warehouse Migration and improving the capabilities of the AWS hosted data stores for the client. You will be responsible for developing cloud based data solutions using AWS RDS and RedShift, and optimizing the current cloud based environment for the data warehouse and analytics capabilities.
- Automate migration processes for RDS and RedShift scripts in AWS for both Dev and Prod environments
- Provide Performance Tuning for RDS/RedShift SQL queries
- Manage and resize RDS and RedShift clusters
- Coordinate with software/infrastructure engineering teams to migrate from on-prem to cloud: on-prem data store is Oracle.
- Optimize cloud workloads for availability, cost, scalability, governance and compliance.
- Administer productions, staging, and deployments
- Partner with other teams to design and plan architecture and new solutions
- Apply knowledge of scripting with PowerShell, Python, Bash, Ruby, and Perl.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in AWS Data focused roles, experience with EC2, Glue, S3, RedShift, Python programming.
- Expertise in AWS Services; computing, storage networking, database management, security, identity, compliance.
- Strong skills in AWS RDS, Postgres, and AWS RedShift
- Use of Terraform and CloudFormation for IAC related tasks
- Experience using ETL tools such as Alteryx, Snap Logic, Matillion, SAS DI Studio, Informatica, or equivalent tools.