An employer is looking for a Business Accounting Analyst to work partially at their facility in Spring, Texas and partially remote. This person will be responsible for assisting with the budget planning process for multiple R&D and Quality departments, combing through spreadsheets, data, sorting through transactions, etc. to help clean up the unstructured data and compile that data to create an understanding of budget throughout the organization. By using generally accepted account principles (GAAP), they will also track and manage spend by various categories and ensuring spend is in line with forecasted budget. Additionally, this person will generate quarterly reports, open and manage purchase orders. This role also requires someone to have strong teamwork skills, and ability/willingness to collaborate with finance and other data analysts in the organization for rolling up the quarterly spend for close. Once acclimated to the role, this person will be able to be assigned a task and complete it end to end without supervision. Typical workweek is M-F, 8am-5pm and will be onsite 2-3 days a week in Spring, Texas.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Finance experience with a strong understanding of accounting principles and processes (GAAP), and balancing books for quarter close
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Suite, especially Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.) and PowerPoint
- Must have good attention to detail, highly organized and numbers oriented
- Be able to research, comprehend, and analyze data in order to make decisions based on that data (not looking for just transactional experience)
- Ability to take ownership of a task/process and run with it end to end. Be proactive in their approach and have good follow up skills.
- Good written and verbal communication and be able to present data to stakeholders (good business acumen)
- Team player - willingness to help others
- SAP Ariba experience
- Enterprise level experience
- Previous HPE or HP, Inc. experience
- 2+ years of professional experience in an Accounting or Finance type role