Insight Global is hiring a Staff Software Engineer to work for their client in the test equipment manufacturing industry. The Staff Software Engineer will work along side 3-4 other engineers within the R&D team in the Aerospace, Defense, and Government (ADG) Business Unit. This business unit focuses on the design and development of components and systems in key application areas, including: avionics, communications, navigation, Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Electronic Warfare (EW) and RADAR.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the research, design, and development of software components addressing various customer requirements in the focus applications of the ADG Business Unit. They will work closely with domain experts within the BU to define and execute on the implementation strategy of critical software components, system-level software architectures, and APIs/User Interfaces (UIs). The role demands an individual who can think at the system level while providing a best-in-class software experience for NI customers and enjoys working collaboratively in a team setting. Core Job Responsibilities
Design and implement, and test software features and capabilities for new and existing offerings in key application spaces.
Design and develop tools and infrastructure to improve development efficiency.
Work in an Agile team environment to prioritize work items and leverage resources to deliver features in a release on-time.
Follow and refine coding guidelines and provide effective code reviews.
Evaluate feature testing strategies and contribute to writing effective test plans.
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (EE), Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE), or Computer Science (CS)
* ~3-5 years of experience preferred
* Proficiency in programming languages (C, C++, Python) and development experience on Linux platform in traditional text-based programming and/or NI Software.
* Basic understanding of software design principles.
* Experience with a demonstrated ability in problem-solving, effectively diagnosing technical issues, and proposing reasonable solutions.
* Experience working with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools and processes.
* US Citizen and/or US Person