Insight Global is looking to add two IT Customer Support Specialists to the team sitting out of San Antonio, TX in support of a Federal client. The Desktop Support Specialists will be responsible for the following:
Provide on-site hardware maintenance services on Government-Owned equipment utilizing Customer Support Service Specialists.
· The equipment to be serviced includes but is not limited to mini/microcomputers, handheld computing devices, optical technology, various controllers, plotters, printers, scanning devices, CD-ROM, video display units, information processing equipment, and related network devices and software and mobile devices like cell phones, smartphones, and pagers.
· Create a support request in the ticketing system during initial contact with the customer, except on weekends and holidays, in accordance with the local service level agreements.
· Participate in the flow of information by documenting all facets of support from initial contact, problem definition, problem resolution, and final disposition in the ticketing system, which will be available at all times to the government.
· Workstations shall be tested both in a standalone mode and as part of a network if initially connected. Any hardware repairs, additions, deletions, or modifications to the equipment shall include all necessary hardware and software (including network software configuration or installation).
· Participate in the development and sustainment of the ticketing system knowledge management system for both internal and external use.
Install and troubleshoot all Microsoft Operating System Software and office automation software on the currently supported desktop.
Install, configure and troubleshoot standard Network Protocols at sites, including, but not be limited to, TCP/IP and wireless protocols.
Identify and resolve problems with all automation hardware, software, systems and peripherals, at the customer service support center, the customer site, or by utilizing remote tools.
Respond to all repair requests by making initial contact with the customer by phone, email or in person within four (4) work hours of the documentation of the malfunction, if the equipment is located on the local campus. All other response times will be negotiated based upon the location of the customer, at the discretion of the Government for the most efficient and complete service for the customer.
Identify when a device, connected to the facility LAN, must be repaired, added, deleted or modified, the contractor shall take into consideration the interaction with the network of all components and/or software of the information system to be repaired or modified. The contractor shall not interfere with the connectivity of a network device, except as required for the period during which the repair or modification is actually being performed.
· Identify when a peripheral such as a printer, point device, video monitor, scanner, etc., is to be repaired, added or modified, the contractor shall configure the peripheral to function with the system hardware and software. This may include setting or resetting hardware settings, either through an interactive process with the peripheral or elsewhere in the system. It may also be necessary to modify CMOS settings on some computers, and the process may also include the installation of software drivers and the modification of operating system or application software configurations. The contractor shall not, by installing software, cause an information system to be in violation of Federal copyright.
· Perform on-call duty on evenings, weekends, and holidays to provide guidance and support to customer support technicians on resolution of program/applications problems and/or failures, and may be required to return to the work site to resolve critical problems. Contractor shall submit overtime documentation to the first line supervisor for review, first line supervisor will send documentations for approval.
· Document all service requests received while in on-call status on weekends and holidays within first four hours of next business day.
· Create, modify, and delete Active Directory user accounts.
· Discuss proposed field modifications to equipment or software with Government leadership prior to making nonstandard repairs in the field. No field modifications shall be installed unless approved by the Government.
· Manage hand receipts and maintain accountability controls of all government owned hardware and software.
· Work as part of a team to deploy new computer systems and peripherals to users spread throughout San Antonio and the outlying areas.
Current with desktop Microsoft Operating System and other software being utilized within DOD or Government offices, as evidenced by experience and course completion of that operating system.
At least three (3) year experience in trouble shooting and repairing both hardware and software related issues.
At least one (1) year after the introduction of a new or updated Microsoft certification to ensure that all contract customer support technicians have up to date certifications.
Complex and progressive experience in a Microsoft computer support environment with experience in a Microsoft customer service and support environment in a large critical environment.
Experienced in workstation maintenance and support.
Experienced in troubleshooting and repairing the standard set of peripherals for a workstation in an enterprise medical environment.
Familiar with both cell and smart phones configuration and operations. Be familiar with configuration procedures and troubleshooting of mobile pagers and other remote communications devices.
Demonstrate high standards of customer support and produce high customer satisfaction.
Meet the requirements for an IAT Level II position as defined in DOD 8570-01-M.