Insight Global is hiring a Secret cleared Cyber Security Engineer/Information Assurance Engineer to support a major IT operation for an agency within the DoD.
The IA engineer will join a team responsible for updating current RMF packages on baseline changes, reauthorizing packages, and continued maintenance and sustainment of various information systems.
Primary responsibilities include:
· Evaluate software and hardware during pre-acquisition phases to determine its ability to meet minimum security requirements based on NIST SP 800-53 Rev4 security controls.
· Author, review, coordinate and submit cybersecurity authorization required artifacts to eMASS (including change requests) to achieve milestones such as Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and Authorization to Operate (ATO) in accordance with the project schedule.
· Support conducting cybersecurity authorization activities to comply with all current Cybersecurity and IA manuals, instructions, and guides within the DoDI 8500.01 and DON 5239.
· Continuously monitor system resources through automated scanning and implement automated reporting feeds to support cybersecurity authorizations
· Verify patch compliance using the approved technical solution (i.e., Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)) Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliance dashboards.
· Coordinate with local administrators to troubleshoot and elevate patching issues in a timely manner in order to meet patch compliance timelines.
· Assist with the implementation of security procedures, and verify information system security requirements, including coordinating the execution, review and disposition of STIG checklists for systems, applications, developed code and other components.
· Independently develop and maintain system security documentation, including drafting, reviewing, editing and recommending guidance for Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures (TTP), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) and Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) Score Card.
· Participate in regular briefings with the customer on cybersecurity status, including preparing briefing materials. Work closely with government Cyber team to support ATO conditions and requirements
· Support site visits / audits, including System Readiness Reviews (SRR)
· Assist in managing the day-to-day activities of Cybersecurity Authorization including transition from current incumbent
· Ensure secure, effective and efficient operation of network systems, architecture, and topology
· Assist with the development and application of business processes to ensure they have the appropriate level of security
· Participate in strategic network, security, and operations new technology planning
Assist the engineering managers employ approved defense-in-depth principles and practices (e.g., defense-in-multiple places, layered defenses, and security robustness)
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- IAT II certification (ex. Comptia Security+ CE)
- Hands on experience with all six steps of the RMF process
- Experience using eMASS tool
- IAT III (CISSP, CASP, CCNP Security)
- Experience with ITIL processes and/or ITIL Foundation V3/4 certification