The .NET Software Development Engineer will report to the Software Development Manager. This person will be involved in developing applications by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software applications; and supporting and helping to Development Team.
The successful candidate will possess personal characteristics and career experience that demonstrates a combination of personnel management and development skills, analytical skills and the ability to use data and statistics to drive operational improvement, and a relentless determination to enhance the user experience for customers by ensuring quality products are delivered.
· Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
· Write and code Unit Tests
· Ability to respond promptly to and solve defect tickets.
· Run and monitor functional and performance tests on new and existing software for the purpose of correcting mistakes, isolating areas of improvement, and general debugging.
· Investigate and resolve Customer issues
· Build monitoring and have the ability to perform debugging in all areas of the code.
· Report operational achievements and progress to the Software Development Manager on a regular basis.
· Work effectively with other employees to collaborate toward a goal of providing user friendly applications.
Participate in company activities such as marketing programs, planning and design meetings, retrospectives, and other required process activities.
Required Skills & Experience
Minimum of 2+ years .Net/C# experience in Software Development
Knowledge and experience in SQL databases
Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate for this position will have performed feature development work for 1-3 years on a team. This position requires taking new features with a list of acceptance criteria and implementing them with unit tests. The candidate should come prepared to discuss past work along these lines.
Mandatory must be strong in C#
Nice to have but not required PRISM, Installshield or WIX