Insight Global's client is looking for an Electrical Engineer to sit remote but candidates MUST SIT WITHIN A 3-HOUR DRIVE FROM KNOXVILLE, TN OR CHATTANOOGA, TN. The candidate will be responsible for multi-disciplined projects in gas, hydro, and fossil power generation facilities. They will be responsible for designing low-voltage and medium-voltage power distribution, motor control design, and DCS/PLC systems design. Additionally, they will be responsible for coordinating design teams/efforts, conducting client meetings, coordinating with project managers to develop proposals/estimates, and assist in project bids. They will also utilize ETAP for power systems studies when necessary. A majority of the projects the candidate will work on will be modifications and/or upgrades to existing systems already in place. The role will require travel, on average 1 day every 2 weeks, all within the states listed above.
· 4+ years of experience with electrical design/engineering (LV/MV power distribution design, MCCs, DCS, PLCs, conduit layouts, one-line diagrams, etc.)
· Experience utilizing ETAP, SKM, Easypower, or similar for power system studies
· B.S. in Electrical Engineering or similar
· Experience doing engineering/design for heavy industrial, power generation, wastewater, or similar projects
· Hydro, gas, fossil, and/or power plant experience
· EIT or PE