Insight Global is seeking a remote Epic Cache ODBA to join a Fortune 10 retail pharmacy client. This Epic Cache DBA will play a crucial part in working to build, configure and deploy Epic across all environments. They will also be responsible for providing ongoing support for Epic codes for break-fix and upgrade tasks for multiple Epic cache instances. This role includes on-going support, and consultation on Cache/Epic user provisioning requirements. This person will also need to maintain and configure Epic scripts and monitoring utilities, support backups, restore, and refresh Epic environments.
Essential Job Functions include:
- Consult and work closely with various stakeholders at all levels within the organization as well as with vendors such as IBM, Citrix, EMC, and EPIC.
- Full life cycle support of Unix/Linux OS platforms.
- Supports the development of work plans to meet business priorities and deadlines.
- Support the servers and lpars that run the EPIC cache application including lower and disaster recovery instances.
- Monitor system performance counters, application response time and other system metrics and respond to any issues.
- Ensure that application and system configurations support optimal system performance.
- Assist with vendor application upgrades.
- Coordinate system upgrades and patching.
- Install, configure, maintain, and upgrade all Unix and Linux systems and services.
- Coordinate, implement and set up integration for all UNIX (Linux too) based EPIC applications and services.
Responsible for systems security and compliance standards.
* 2+ years of Epic Cache experience
* Experience building, supporting and running a tier 1 application
* Working knowledge of TCP/IP, and DNS and firewalls
* Knowledge in UNIX AND Windows
* Need to be a hands-on problem solver who doesn't run to Epic for help when something goes wrong, but rather comes up with solutions him/herself
* Ability to be hands-on during a disaster recovery test and full size production recovery test
* Experience supporting multiple versions of Epic within infrastructure
* Experience working directly with the database (run searches, added data, deleted data, working with Data Courier to move data, written scripts that pull data from Cache, manipulate it and provide meaningful output)
* Experience supporting healthcare related applications
* Advanced coursework (Bachelor's degree preferred) in computer science or related field
* Epic certifications a plus
* Azure cloud experience
* ServiceNow ticketing experience