Insight Global is looking to hire an Assistant Controller to sit fully remote for one of our clients within the cryptocurrency, online gaming industry. This company developed an online collectible trading card game designed to offer digital money. The company's game uses blockchain technology to make game cards into truly scarce digital assets that the players own and control which can be bought, sold, and traded on a variety of digital marketplaces and are used in the game to battle with other players in real-time combat, enabling users to win cryptocurrency and other real-valued prizes. This role reports to the VP of Finance and Accounting and will help manage all accounting, auditing and budgeting within the organization. A successful candidate would be someone who is highly organized with a keen attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements.
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls.
- Ensuring all accounting practices are in compliance with legal guidelines and established accounting principles.
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger.
- Providing monthly, quarterly, and year-end analysis.
- Coordinating and assisting with the budget process.
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyzing and reporting cost variances.
- Serving as a liaison to external auditors.
- Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable, and general accounting departments.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Knowledge of crypto or blockchain.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial principles, regulations, and best practices.
- Understanding of government guidelines or tax laws that affect the company.
- Proficient with data analysis, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Experience with accounting software programs.