Nike seeks a Sr. Designer for Store Design, who will support consumer led global retail concepts and the evolution of the Nike retail business. They will create and develop impactful / scalable design solutions for immersive retail environments. This designer will collaborate with internal and external design teams to complete individual projects by leveraging design processes and best practices to ensure the creative intent, design deliverables, timelines and budgets are met.
If this is you, you will create, refine and evolve the Enviromental design components across the full Nike stores portfolio. This position requires a forward thinking, detail-oriented design minded creative, that builds from the global creative direction for design development and generates implementation standards for consistent execution throughout projects. You will work independently and with a team to develop and manage all architectural and 3D environmental components, factoring in the needs of the Consumer, the Brand and our Business partners. You will communicate and present design concepts to the Sr. Design Director, create 3D models, 2D drawings, presentations and details that effectively communicate design intent, as well as produce project production files when required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or interior design and 8+ years design experience.
- Retail design industry/environments experience preferred, retail environments, concepts and programs, f
- Comprehensive knowledge of design processes. Advanced knowledge of computer systems (SketchUp, Enscape, Adobe suite, Grasshopper, ACAD or similar). After Effects, Twin Motion, etc. are a plus. Ability to sketch design ideas and visually communicate concept development thoughts ideation.
- Knowledge and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general, and in furniture design, architecture, product innovation, fashion, and athletics specifically.
- Strong oral and written communications skills including meeting facilitation and presentations. Strong ability to effectively communicate concepts/design intent to senior creative team. Fluent in presentation and collaboration tools (Keynote, Miro, Slack, etc.)
- Ability to confidently screen and manage contractors/external vendors including design and production studios/agencies.
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships across teams, functions, and geographies.
- Workstream/resource management
- Team management and delegation