Remote Mechanical Project Engineer
Aug 07, 2023
$110k - $125k (estimate)
Insight Global is looking for a Remote Mechanical Project Engineer for one of our engineering consulting clients. The Senior / Project Engineer serves as a technical specialist; and may also have management and marketing responsibilities. Acts as a senior, advanced engineer of the department, responsible for technical development in a specific engineering discipline.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* May serve as Project Manager on single-discipline and simple multi-discipline projects.
* May serve as Project Engineer on complex, single-discipline projects and complex multi-discipline projects.
* May serve as lead engineer on projects to coordinate work with other disciplines.
* May interface with clients and vendors.
* Assists with proposal development and project documentation including estimating engineering manhours/construction costs estimates for scope.
* Completes complex, routine and simple pipe routing and layouts. May train others.
* Prepares drawings including piping plans, sections, details and isometrics. May train others.
* Designs piping support. May train others.
* Prepares complex, routine and simple hydraulic calculations including incompressible flow, compressible flow and networks.
* Calculates thermal expansion, heat transfer and stress analysis for piping systems.
* Performs pressure vessel design and analysis.
* Prepares and reviews reports and piping/equipment specifications.
* Familiar with other disciplines and performs inter-discipline reviews.
* Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within the company and externally with clients and other design professionals.
* Reviews work of the project design team. Checks the progress of work and alerts the Project Manager to needed changes to the scope or other services.
* Performs field measurements independently. May train others.
* Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to the building code is required.
* Promotes the use of and participates in the development of company design and production standards.
* Assumes complete responsibility for engineering within his/her discipline for routine projects.
* Coordinates work of his/her discipline with other disciplines.
* Makes recommendation and/or decisions on unusual or complicated issues.
* Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
* Performs or directs construction support/management on routine and simple projects.
* Directs construction observation of others on simple projects.
* Assists in the education and development of design staff and acts as a resource for design questions.
* Maintains neat and organized work area to allow efficient access to project information required by other team members.
* Assists with whatever duties are required to deliver a quality project on schedule and within budget.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineer Required
- 10+ years of previous mechanical design experience
- Fully proficient in the use of computer for design and understand CAD operations