Insight Global is looking to add three Help Desk/Customer User Support Specialists to the team in support of a Federal customer. The specialists will be responsible for the following:
Participate in the flow of information by documenting all solutions in a resolution database, EMTS, which will be available at all times to the Government.
* Install and troubleshoot all Microsoft Operating System Software and office automation software in use on the currently supported desktop.
* Install, configure, and troubleshoot common Network Protocols, including, but not limited to, TCP/IP and wireless protocols.
* Install, troubleshoot, and perform repairs, if appropriate, for microcomputers, terminals, mobile devices, peripherals, and software.
* Identify and resolve problems with all automation hardware, software, systems, and peripherals, at the customer service support center, the customer site, or by utilizing remote tools.
* Install and configure all components of the workstation configuration, such as network cards, sound cards, modems, video cards, printers, scanners, FAXs, and other software and peripherals.
* Monitor, troubleshoot, and resolve all operational and software problems associated with network and stand-alone printers.
* Perform all inventory and equipment issues and tracking tasks when deploying new or refurbed equipment in accordance with policies.
* Copy all stored data and files to the new equipment and verify that all data and files are present.
* Configure and connect any peripherals originally connected to the old equipment and verify that they are functional.
* Will, if necessary, wipe data and files from the old equipment AR 25-2 or disposal. The Government will furnish the software necessary to perform this task.
* Keep a current inventory of all equipment in their possession from receipt of hardware from Logistics Division to the return of recovered equipment to the Logistics Division. .
* Will upon completion of repairs, ensure that the entire system is completely operational. Workstations will be tested both in a standalone mode, and as part of a network, if originally connected. Any hardware repairs, additions, deletions or modifications to the equipment will include all necessary hardware and software (including network software configuration or installation).
. * Clearly document the old and new serial numbers of any serially numbered component that is replaced and follow all procedures and requirements for equipment tracking and accountability, including following all procedures for the return of defective parts.
* Enter and update all information and solutions relevant to service requests and tasking using EMTS, and participate in the flow of information by documenting more complex solutions, or verbally apprising the IM leadership of less complex solutions.
* Follow Army Regulation (AR) 25-2 for purging data on equipment such as hard drives and other storage media.
* Provide Tier II technical and security customer service and support to users regarding all facets of In and Out processing.
* Provide computer systems security support functions.
* Setup and maintain Active Directory account restrictions and user rights.
* Ensure password controls and procedures are followed.
* Create user accounts, allocates drive space, and establish drive connections.
* Acknowledge all trouble tickets that are assigned and ensure that the customer receives correspondence from the assigned technician, within 24 hours. Update the ticket by entering it in progress or acknowledging it in the notes.
Required Skills & Experience
* Current with desktop Microsoft Operating System and other software being utilized within DOD or Government offices, as evidenced by experience and course completion of that operating system.
* At least two (2) years of experience in troubleshooting and repairing both hardware and software-related issues.
* Complex and progressive experience in a Microsoft computer support environment with experience in a Microsoft customer service and support environment in a large critical environment.
* Experienced in workstation maintenance and support.
* Experienced in troubleshooting and repairing the standard set of peripherals for a workstation in an enterprise medical environment.
* Familiar with both cell and smartphone configuration and operations. Be familiar with configuration procedures and troubleshooting of mobile pagers and other remote communications devices.
* Ability to demonstrate high standards of customer support and produce high customer satisfaction.
* Meet the requirements for an IAT Level II position as defined in DOD 8570-01-M.