This candidate must be well versed in Desktop / Server Windows Operating System Configuration methods including Standalone Physical / Virtualized Environments, Image management, Support of LAN / WAN networks, Email Systems (Exchange, Office 365 Cloud, and Others), SCCM, Disaster Recovery methods, Business Continuity Planning, Market Data/ Business application Support, and Troubleshooting.
The successful candidate should be able to analyze simple and complex Desktop/Server operating system issues and participate in troubleshooting in ALL End User problems scenarios , including but not limited to, Windows Active Directory, Group policies, End point devices (Desktops, Laptops, Thin Clients, Tablets, Mobile Devices, etc.), Investment / Trading applications, firewall issues, Domain namespace White/ blacklisting, printer issues, Client email delivery problems, virtualized system (VDI) errors, various compliance issues, and other problems.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate excellent technical excellence, customer interaction and white glove service skills in all communications, whether client-facing or internally with Help Desk Engineering & Support peers.
Primary Responsibilities include:
* Installation, Troubleshooting and Support for Operating System windows 7/10 /11, MAC OS), MS Office 365 suite, One Drive, MS teams, and other Investment & Corporate Banking / Trading applications.
* Imaging/Re-imaging of corporate and BYOD end user systems (Laptops / Desktop/ Thin Client devices) utilizing SCCM platform based on SN approved tickets
* Provide excellent technical and troubleshooting support on Mobility devices such as: (Android/iOS/iPhone/iPads), Mobile Device & application Management to BMO Capital Markets executives and users.
* Provide MFDs Support for the Imaging devices (print/scan/copy/fax) at the site.
* Internal Move / Add /Change support including large scale/bulk office moves/re-stacking activities, etc. (all moves)
* Well versed in providing White Glove VIP/ Concierge Services, Home / Remote support to ALL BMO CM (Capital Markets) end user community.
* Provide IT orientation and training to ALL new CM employees on existing Desktop/ Laptops systems and software.
* Ability to coordinate CM End users' issues with various Level 3 Server / Network support groups and project teams for service delivery enhancements, maintenance and upgrades.
* Provide Smart Hands and Eyes Support - for servers, network and security devices in remote site locations, as per BMO policies and procedures and when requested by IT management.
* Provide accurate and timely logging of customer incidents/ services requests in Service Now to meet agreed upon service level agreements (SLA).
* Supporting ALL End User Device Lifecycle Management activities as per BMO Capital Markets policies and procedures.
* Participate in maintain appropriate IT equipment Inventory and sparing requirements.
* Maintain Asset Management tools that support automatic discovery (such as SCCM), facilitate effective device deployment, re-use of assets, and provide a common view of user's information
* Provide "value added" end user consultation for short "how to questions".
* Perform end-user related Audit / Compliance / Security controls such as: Access reviews, risk assessments, controls verifications, Asset Management facility inspections, maintenance of verification logs on need basis.
* Perform break-fix support for Laptop, desktop, tablets and associated hardware peripherals with 3rd party vendors for warranty repair/replacement.
* Provide On-call support if required outside business hours on a rotational basis
* Provide IT end user support for disaster recovery and emergency response activities in the event of emergency situations at local site
* Provide basic AV and conference room and meeting setup service during business hours and as requested.
* 5 + years working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Active Directory, group policies
* 5 + years of hands-on experience diagnosing and resolving TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and VPN troubleshooting network issues.
* 5- 10 years of IT End User Trade Floor experience in a leading financial firm in high paced environment.
* Mobile Device Management Platform (Intune, AirWatch, Mobile Iron, etc.) experience is a plus.
* Technical certifications such as: ITIL Certification, CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
* Experience supporting market data applications such as: Bloomberg, FactSet, Reuters, etc.
* Understanding to troubleshoot hardware related issues -- Dell/ HP Desktops / Laptops, surface book or surface studios, Apple devices, non-apple devices.
* Excellent Verbal and Writing Skills are a must.
Experience with Apple products would be advantageous and helpful
* Working experience in a Managed Services Provider is a plus
* BS/BA in Computer Science, Information Technology, or an equivalent hands-on experience.
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.