Field Service Engineer

Post Date

Mar 16, 2023


Rio Rancho,
New Mexico

ZIP/Postal Code

Dec 01, 2023 Insight Global

Job Type



Electrical Engineering

Req #


Pay Rate

$70k - $90k (estimate)

Job Description

An employer based out of Carlsbad, CA is looking for a Field Service Engineer to join their team out of Albuquerque, NM. This person will be in a hybrid type environment where they'll provide customer support over the phone (remotely from home) and onsite. For the first six weeks they are expected to travel to the UK for training and after that 80% of their time will be spent in Albuquerque, NM and the other 20% of their time will be domestic travel within the US. This person is going to be the local service support engineer for two Intel facilities in Albuquerque. Their days will mainly be spent fulfilling different service tasks that includes preventative maintenance and installation for complex equipment and systems . They will need to exhibit understanding and proficiency of cutting-edge wafer inspection equipment and demonstrate and explain the capabilities of the equipment to potential customers at a highly technical level. They will also perform extensive sample testing in a lab environment and participate in the creation of applications detailed reports and technical demonstrations for the customer. The product this individual works with primarily focuses on automated x-ray inspection of wafers.

Some additional detailed responsibilities of the Field Service Engineer will include, but are not limited to:

* Checks out and approves operational quality of system equipment.

* Communicates and resolves issues to ensure successful sign off with customer is reached.

* Instructs customers in the operation and maintenance of the system.

* Provide exceptional customer service to new and existing customers.

* Serves as company liaison with customer on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.

* Performs application training at the customer site or an internal company Lab.

* Provides applications support for the customer in difficult cases requiring best possible knowledge of the equipment capabilities and theoretical understanding of material properties and processes.

* Other duties as required.

Daily Shift/Schedule:

* Typically: Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm

* Required to be on call 24/7 for emergencies unless discussed with your manager. This could include taking service calls on weekends.

* This person will work around 45 - 50 hours per week.


* The first 6 weeks this person will be required to travel to the UK for onsite training at a facility there.


* When onsite, this individual will work in a cleanroom environment which will likely require him/her to wear a full bunny suit

* This team prioritizes trust in their employees - they do not micromanage, but instead expect each employee to hold themselves to high standards

* This employer offers competitive benefits package including PTO to help with work/life balance

* This employer has a lot of tenure employees. They take pride in the quality of their staff and want to ensure each individual sees a long term career with them. This is a great team/company to join!

Required Skills & Experience

* 2- 4 years of relative experience and demonstrated knowledge of discipline engineering principles with the utilization of optical equipment

* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or related field preferred. 5+ years' experience in lieu of degree.

* Equipment/Tech Examples: Optical equipment including X-Ray equipment, Electro Microscopes, Wafer Fabrication Assembly Equipment

Nice to Have Skills & Experience

* X-Ray experience

* Software skills

* Applications experience where this individual was utilizing software

* Experience processing statistical information in JMP, Minitab, Python, or similar.

* Semiconductor experience