IT Cyber Security Analyst
Jan 28, 2024
$112k - $168k (estimate)
IT Cyber Security Analyst role will monitor and help ensure the confidentiality and integrity of our clients IT infrastructures, data and devices. The primary role will be to monitor day to day security operations. The IT Cyber Security Analyst will be expected to monitor, investigate, and work within security related programs and tickets. The position requires a high attention to detail and the ability to respond quickly within the defined parameters should an incident arise.
Monitors infrastructures, servers, web connected devices and data connections. Typical duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
* Monitor predefined security parameters and respond to open tickets assigned by Director of IT.
* Investigate patterns out of the defined norms and recommend if action is needed.
* Investigate any potential or known breaches.
* Understand how to monitor SEIM products and adjust sensor alerts if needed.
* Perform forensics of attack and document all processes where a breach may have occurred during the attack, as well as what was done to mitigate the attack.
* Recommend security tightening for new zero-day attack types.
* Perform vulnerability and pen tests on environments.
* Research and recommend any additional best security practices as known flaws are published by CISA and CERT.
* Verify hardware is properly configured from a security standpoint before assignments to users are completed.
* Aid in patch management.
* Participate in Red / Blue team activities.
* Confirm security platforms are up to date and monitor new live updates.
* Perform monthly audits of users, file permissions, Azure sign in access, VPN access, and web browsing abuse and publish a monthly security activity report to the Director of IT.
* Install security measures for physical infrastructure and software related systems.
* Audit systems for potential vulnerabilities and report any known risks found.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
10+ years working in related field
SEIM platform experience required
Network penetration test experience required
Experience monitoring and securing firewalls, IPS and IDS systems
Ability to detect and mitigate malware and ransom attacks
Patch management experience
Documentation experience related to incident response
Ability to pass a Hair follicle tests
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
MBA in security or information systems
CCNA or CISSP certification