A large retail & commercial bank is looking for a Solution Architect to join their team responsible for architecting API solutions for Digital Banking (mobile and online). The Solution Architect will also be familiar with the information security surrounding digital banking and online/mobile transactions (such as Zelle, Fiserv, Experian, Akamai, etc). The role is preferred to be hybrid remote onsite to Dorchester MA twice a week but for the right candidate can be fully REMOTE working East Coast hours. The bank has close to $90B in assets, 9K employees and more than 2M customers along the east coast. In addition to providing excellent banking experiences for their customers, the bank also very involved in the community through charitable giving and philanthropy to give back to low/moderate income and underserved communities.
The solutions architect will be both functional and technical - 50% will be time spent directly with the business and cooresponding IT teams and 50% hands-on technical designs (utilizing JIRA, Confluence, PowerPoint, Figma). They will be responsible for sitting in EPIC or requirements review sessions with the business from an architecture capacity; own entire API technical design and approval of tech design, work with info sec architecture reviewing functional requirements and technical proposals and work through the architectural review process. The Solution Architect should be familiar with Agile since Digital Banking is an Agile workshop.
As a Solution Architect for Consumer Banking and Channels Architecture utilizes his/her expertise to recommend operational strategies and plans for the Solutions Architecture function with direct impact on company and IT results. S/he manages most strategic Consumer Banking Architecture accounts and communicates with senior leadership on matters of strategic importance; influencing business decision made by leadership. In addition s/he evaluates and takes in care of the compliance with the organization's technology standards and works with internal business groups on implementation opportunities, challenges, and requirements of various applications.
Responsibilities: strong ongoing relationships with key business partners and managers within each business segments
* Builds and maintains relationships and trust with key business stakeholders to understand business strategy and future needs
* Communicates monthly updates and produces presentations to senior management on matters of strategic importance to the department
* Communicates with senior leadership on matters of strategic importance
* Consults the Enterprise Architecture team on systems design and implementation, helping to grow and develop the current retail business processes and technology implementations
* Consults with project teams to fit projects to Enterprise Architecture
* Consults with senior leadership and IT leaders to develop project scopes and business cases that meet both business and IT strategies and roadmaps
* Consults with the Enterprise Level Architecture team to develop blueprints and roadmaps needed to achieve appropriate balance between IT efficiency and business innovation, allowing individual business units to innovate safely in their pursuit of competitive advantage
* Continually communicates and builds consensus on Enterprise Architecture with IT and business partners
* Develops and implements new Enterprise Architecture products, processes, standards of operational plans that will impact the achievement of functional standards and principles throughout the organization., Directs the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry, and market trends
* Facilitates the development and implementation of Enterprise Architecture standards and adoption of requirements across the enterprise
* Guides improvements in tools and capabilities to support the Enterprise Architecture strategy and vision
* Improves efficiencies by identifying cost saving projects and opportunities for the corporate business lines
* Influences business decisions made by leadership
* Leads, guides, and mentors best practices, design standards, and implementation strategies for EA team
* Maintains a keen awareness of ever-developing industry methods, techniques, strategies and tools for risk and risk information, reporting recommendations regarding their adoption where applicable
* Manages most strategic accounts and relationships for the Enterprise Architecture department
* Manages strategic accounts with key stakeholders to help drive improved business performance
* Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy., Oversees the implementation and operation of Information Technology solutions
* Recommends and implements agreed process improvements to the Enterprise Architecture function
* Recommends operational strategies and plans with direct impact on the company's results
* Researches any issues to optimize the opportunities for improvement to the EA function
* Trains, mentors, and coaches colleagues and subordinates as needed
* Candidate will perform comprehensive discovery analysis and definition of client issues and documents implementation in the form of a technical ("blue-print") solution.
* Determine how products and services could be designed or modified to suit the commercial banking needs
* Act as a liaison between Business Units and Consumer Banking IT during design, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing maintenance phases, throughout the entire life cycle of the product.
* complete current state analysis, requirements gathering, and documentation.
* Combine exceptional interpersonal skills, technical aptitude and creative thinking to consult with prospective and existing clients to understand their business needs, map those needs to Client solutions, requirements.
- 8+ years in solution architecture
- Digital Banking background (online or mobile banking)
- Experience interacting directly with the business and IT
- hands on technical design experience
- Integration design experience
- Create logical/functional architecture diagram, create integration by use case sequence diagram
- restful API design/ API-led design, along with API platforms familiarity (Mulesoft, API Connect, Apigee etc)
- understanding around security (MFA, Two-Factor Authentication, Fraud detection, encryption, Biometric Authentication, etc)
- Confident communicator
- iOS and Android digital app design
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Cybersecurity risk assessment
- Consumer Online Banking - browser and native app
- Banking functional concepts: customer authentication, payments, billpay, monetary movements Zelle, FundNow, TransferNow