Atmospheric Sciences Quality Assurance Specialists (REMOTE)
Nov 24, 2023
PROCESS QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST III: Seeking an IT SME who knows and understand scientific approaches and methods. Responsible for quality assurance and compliance with applicable regulatory requirements; conducts audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation. Familiarity with atmospheric sciences, highly desired. Experience with scientific concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
The ideal candidate will be required to accomplish the following:
* Possess ability to work with scientific clients.
* Work with integrators to assess processes and outputs meet requirements.
* Lead/guide junior technical staff in tasks as coach/mentor.
* Set up QA or CM activities throughout lifecycle of projects.
* Conduct audits and reviews/analyzes data and documentation.
* Develop and implement business procedures, technical processes, audit plans, etc. for assuring quality.
* Provide configuration management planning.
* Describe provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
* Regulate the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product and related product documents.
Required Skills & Experience
* Minimum work experience: 4-years with BS; 3-years with MS
* Excellent with MS Office (Word, Excel, etc...)
* Ability to operate effectively under pressure/deadlines * Highly capable at written and oral communications
* Industry-Specific technical Knowledge
* Proven organizational skills
* Flexible and adaptable
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
* BS/BA degree (or equivalent) in technical field with post-graduation work experience in the field or in a related area.
* Experience in employing Quality Assurance principles/plans for a government contract/contractor
* Experience with program development highly desirable.
* Ability to think outside of the box
* Demonstrated team leadership skills