Key Required Skills:
Experience installing and maintaining mainframe systems software, WebSphere, Introscope, SMP/E or IBM Installation Manager, Knowledge of a scripting tool, preferably JYTHON.
* Provide Mainframe System programming support to the Division of Mainframe Systems Software (DMSS) and support the stabilization of current and future WAS environments.
* Build and document WebSphere cells on PPF, iPPF, MISF, HAF, and IHAF.
* Build and document WebSphere cells on newly created WAS environments.
* Configure the WebSphere variables for each cell and for each application server.
* Configure the LDAP registry, the CICS connections, the IBM HTTP servers and plug-ins.
* Create the self-signed server certificate, TCP port definitions for each application server.
* Install and configure CA Introscope on each applicable server.
* 7 years of experience or more as a Mainframe Systems Engineer installing and maintaining systems software -- 8 years of experience overall (6 if with Master's degree)
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* 7 years of experience providing WebSphere application programming support and troubleshooting.
* 7 years of experience with IBM SMP/E to perform mainframe software installation and maintenance.
* 7 years of experience tuning and problem determination relating to current production applications and new applications being migrated through the software lifecycle.
* 5 years of experience using Introscope for WebSphere monitoring.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to analyze, develop, plan and perform mainframe operating system software installation and maintenance.
* Ability to implement, test and verify mainframe software.
* Ability to identify, analyze and resolve mainframe software problems.
* Prior Federal government experience
* Self-starter, highly motivated individual who adapts and isn't afraid to volunteer in a dynamic work environment.
* Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities.