The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst's role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. They will join a team responsible for web based and API testing for Hyatt.com. This group is split into two teams: Booking and seamless search. This position will be part of the bookings group. The position responsibilities outlined below are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
* Work closely with product, design, and development team members to understand business requirements and to communicate problem impacts/risks
* Test API calls .
* Become familiar with their applications and pick up on processes i.e. how we get our sign offs and booking flo
* Cross browser and cross platform testing
* Create and execute test plans and scripts that accurately and reliably assess application quality.
* Communicate test progress, test results, and quality of application changes
* Analyze test results to discover and report defects, following best practices as defined by the team.
* Be knowledgeable in the features for which the team is responsible; in collaboration with peers, develop quality assurance measures and testing standards.
* Set standards in and coach other QAs in test environment and data setup and management
* Apply a thorough understanding of relevant technology to deliver robust test suites. (web technologies, REST APIs, web services, physical devices, Java , XML, JS, CSS, and HTML)
* Use creativity and initiative to improve product test reliability, coverage, and accuracy.
* Demonstrate a commitment to Hyatt core values.
Required Skills & Experience
* 7+ years manual testing
o Over 50% of experience
o API and UI testing
Small amount of mobile testing
* Agile experience
* Postman experience
* SoapUI experience
* Strong communication and collaboration
* Cross browser, cross platform testing
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
* Hospitality -- experience with booking flows
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.