Insight Global's large manufacturing client is looking for a Structural Designer to join their team. The company has a number of in-house engineering services that support its 50+ manufacturing plants including, structural, mechanical, electrical, process, controls and technical. The type of projects range in size and scope from large Capital projects that begin in the conceptual phase all the way through final design and construction, to plant request projects when individual plants call for support for various structural needs. The drafter will work on and manage the drafting needs of multiple projects, attend meetings, and understand the scope and needs for each project. The nature of the workload will require good organizational and decision-making skills to balance large project requirements with immediate plant needs as they arise. The drafter will utilize the company's drafting standards, line levels, weights, types, borders, and scales. Other responsibilities include:
* Modify existing and new drawings.
* Review drawings by others and ensure for accuracy and standard compliance.
* Provide high level of technical expertise and advice on CAD related work.
* Make recommendations for incorporating improved CAD design methods or procedure.
* Act as in-house resource for structural CAD related questions and problems.
* Potentially site walk downs and plant visits up to 10% of the time.
* Associates degree in design or drafting.
* 5-15 years of structural drafting experience (at least 2 years of industrial building design).
* Knowledgeable in steel, concrete, masonry, plans, elevations, connections, etc.
* Proficient in AutoCAD ND advanced Steel
* Past experience as a Lead Designer or has held a leadership role.
* Design experience in Advance Steel.
* Civil or architectural drafting skills.
* Open to travel 0-10% of the time.