We are hiring for several Direct Hire Openings for our client
There will be an assessment that will need to be completed before interviews are scheduled
Full-Time: Flexible Schedule. (40 hours/week)
Location: Remote/Work from Home (WFH).
A Coding Consultant, Inpatient - Level 3 codes complex cases for all lengths of stays and as needed, audits the work of Level 1 and Level 2 Coding Consultants and assigns diagnostic and procedural codes to patient records using ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM, and ICD-10-PCS codes.
* Reviews medical records and assigns accurate codes for diagnoses and procedures.
* Assigns and sequences codes accurately based on medical record documentation.
* Assigns the appropriate discharge disposition to medical records.
* Abstracts and enters the coded data for hospital statistical and reporting requirements.
* Audits the work of Level 1 & 2 Coders, if applicable.
* Communicates documentation improvement opportunities and coding issues to appropriate personnel for follow up and resolution.
* Maintains 95% coding accuracy rate and 95% accuracy rate for MS-DRG assignment and maintains site designated productivity standards.
* Maintains minimum production of 1 charts per hour or site specific productivity standards.
* Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Communicates professionally with co-workers, management, and hospital staff regarding clinical and reimbursement issues.
* Minimum of 2+ years of recent Inpatient coding experience in academic, teaching, or trauma facility
* A valid RHIT, RHIA or CCS from AHIMA.
* Full Benefits: PTO, Health, Vision, Dental Insurance, & a 401k Savings Plan.
* Tuition Reimbursement.
* AHIMA Dues Compensation.
* AHIMA Educational Stipends.
* 20-24 Free CEUs offered annually.
* 24/7 Subject Matter Expert Coding Support.