REMOTE Scrum Master (Health Insurance IT)
Jan 28, 2024
* Leads sprint planning, sprint demos, and refactoring/reflection sessions.
* Defines individual sprint content (gathers story cards, updates JIRA and updates daily tracker)
* Monitors the completion of story card writing against the program schedule.
* Monitors the completion of story card playback against the program schedule.
* Monitors the completion of story card approval against the program schedule.
* Reviews the release schedule and directs activity to align to that high-level schedule.
* With the Integration teams, establishes integration dates, document affected stories, monitor and update tracker.
* With the Development lead, lays out the development sequence of EPIC/Categories
* If dates are not aligning to high level schedule, escalates
* Conducts Daily Stand Ups
* Records status/progress
* oEvaluates progress within a sprint and escalates if necessary
* Identifies items to be reviewed in triage
* Administers the Scrum board
* Works with the Development Lead, Integration teams, and Program Manager to assess the impact of new requirements, new stories against the program schedule
* Communicates team status to all internal stakeholders and continuously refines/improves metrics by working with the team.
* Escalates issues that require executive attention, or in any case where schedules are at risk
Required Skills & Experience
*NASCO experience REQUIRED
* Employs best practices for agile/scrum methodology, while operating within the department's overall SDLC Framework.
* In partnership with the Project/Product manager & Product Owner ensure a robust, prioritized backlog is available.
* Supports Product Manager in understanding and communicating team effectiveness and performance.
* Works collaboratively with the project/product managers and team members to give input and support to the strategic direction of the initiative
* Motivates and supports team members and ensures they have the tools and knowledge to do their jobs and that all blocking issues are resolved quickly.
* Performs analysis to determine root cause of challenges and provides solutions for improved operational and process performance.
* Coordinates cross team dependencies with other Scrum Masters and participate in Agile Community of Practice (CoP).
* 5-10 years of general delivery leadership role, with 2-4 years as a Scrum Master
* Certified Scrum Master
* Knowledge of healthcare insurance ecosystem
* Knowledge of customer service platform