Max BR: 95/hour
Location: Alpharetta GA or Remote
Responsible for developing the deliverables and implementing them into an organized project plan. Develops the detailed work packages schedules budgets identifies the necessary resources and provides regular updates and communications to client. Typically has a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience/education.
o Bachelor degree or equivalent education/experience
o 7 years experience in managing large scale high visibility projects
o Experience managing several significant projects simultaneously
Responsibility Level: Exercises independent judgment with little or no supervision. Has full accountability including people leadership directing work efforts and finding timely solutions to technical problems and people management issues.
o Highly organized with superior time management skills customer service orientation and interpersonal skills
o Strong verbal and written communications skills required to manage communications to all clients
o Advanced knowledge of project metrics including gathering reporting trend analysis creation and metrics
o Ability to identify issues and problems generate solutions and choose appropriate alternatives using basic root cause analysis
o Advanced user proficiency with computer software such as MS Office MS Project and/or Visio
o Advanced understanding of IT principals including lifecycle planning estimating and architecture
o High level of general management skills including but not limited to leading negotiating communicating and team building
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
o Facilitate joint planning with the client in the early stages of project formation
o Determine organizational and financial feasibility of the project including the completion of the business case as appropriate
o Facilitates schedule and cost forecasting and mentors program managers in determining risk based provisions
o Manages project scope/requirements changes multiple and competing demands and priorities determining and conveying impact on budget time and risk using appropriate fact-based metrics/assumptions
o Recommend best solutions to upper management based on understanding of business issues
o Promote innovative or improved methods to get the work done and implements best practices
o Resolve issues and conflicts remove barriers and resolve minor project issues. Act as escalation point for potential conflicts between direction and project constraints.
o Experience managing Agile projects running agile ceremonies and coaching SCRUM teams on Agile framework.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FROM MANAGER:
1. To get started can you give me a quick overview of your team and what you do?
This role will be within the Insurance Enterprise Program Management Team. This team runs complex business cases and projects for the Insurance vertical. The role will focus on delivering both waterfall and agile methodology projects and will be expected to run point from an E2E perspective and become a liaison between technology and business.
2. The person who will be successful in this role will be somebody who?
a. Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
b. Ability to manage waterfall and agile projects equally well and experience with working in a hybrid environment.
c. Excellent issue/risk management skills and ability to keep project timelines on track.
3. What would you say are the TOP 3 must-have skills youre looking for? Measurable skills technologies etc.
a. Agile and waterfall framework experience.
b. Experience working in an insurance organization preferred
c. Ability to understand and navigate hybrid work environments.
4. How many years of experience are you looking for? As you start to go through resumes what would stand out to you as the BEST candidate versus an AVERAGE candidate? 8 - 12 years.
5. Does your team work standard core hours or does that vary? Standard core hours.
6. Do you need someone with a particular degree or certification? PMP Certification and Agile certification preferred.
7. What are some of the performance indicators youll be looking for once this person ramps up? Meeting deadlines quality of work etc.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills ability to manage multiple complex projects ability to manage both waterfall and agile projects.
8. With some of the other huge tech companies out there competition for talent at all levels can get pretty tough at times. When suppliers start sourcing what would you say are some of the main selling points that would get candidates interested in your role over another?
a. Good work-life balance.
b. Ability to work remotely.
9. What does your interview process look like? 1st round: 30 minute screening with me and Chris Brown 2nd round: 1 hour panel interview with me and 3 other Program Managers.