A client of Insight Global is seeking a Software Developer II to join their Software Development Build team. The Software Developer II designs, codes, and develops new financial applications or web based systems and/or modifies existing core financial application systems and web based systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responds to end user trouble calls to resolve routine application software problems or assist with hardware issues remotely when possible. Routes calls as needs for more non-routine questions. Track tickets in an incident management system to properly identify problem and resolution for a shared knowledge base or escalate and assign as needed for higher level support.
* Designs, develops, tests, and integrates moderately complex internal and external core and web applications, services, and sites, including maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting in order to fulfill business needs. Assists in determining cost and schedule of various software projects using current and proven software engineering
* Provides tier III technical support for staff on internal and external core and web applications and systems.
* Confers with vendors, other IT team members, users, and department managers to determine requirements for new or modified software and hardware. Tests new hardware and software configurations for usability and proper function, including cross-browser functional capability. Develops web security safeguards and technologies. Consistently meets assigned project deadlines and goals.
* Reviews, analyzes, and modifies the application systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and documentation. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with application systems. Detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems.
* 3 to 5 years prior experience with software analysis, design, development, testing, debugging, integration, deployment, support and documentation of core and web based systems following the software development lifecycle, or combination of applicable experience, education, and training which provides the knowledge and skills needed to perform job duties.
*Proficient with the following: .Net, VisualStudio, Azure DevOps Server, C#, Shell, Ruby, Python.
* Must have working knowledge and experience of relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle) and client-server concepts, object orientated programming, web services, Waterfall/Agile development methodologies.
* A 2 year college degree Information Systems, Computer Engineering or a related academic area or equivalent experience is required.