* This position will be responsible for performing the controls engineering and consulting services
* Main responsibilities include working with the team to create reliable and secure instrumentation and controls system solutions for Generating stations and its ancillary equipment.
* Projects range in size and complexity from small utility generating station upgrades to large turnkey power plant construction.
Required Skills & Experience
* Minimum of 7 years related experience
* Prior experience of working independently and ability to complete tasks without much supervision
* Ability to design electrical and controls system solution based on engineering principals and customer specifications
* Experience with Turbine controls and instrumentation, knowledge of plant operation and safety interlocks/understanding of the cause and effect matrix is desired.
* Knowledge of power plant applicable ANSI, IEC, IEEE and SIL standards is required.
* Experience with Gas Turbines, power stations, or batch processing/manufacturing facilities is preferred.
* Design and field experience on instrumentation (calibration and troubleshooting) such as transmitters, RTDs, thermocouples, sensors, vibration probes, and loop checking, and field wiring.
* Experience with PLC programming techniques and software solution implementation, including software release and revisions necessary to define an integrated system powerplant control system comprising of fuel, lubrication, demineralized water, emissions and electrical substation.
* Provide and support on-site system installation for both PLC hardware and software during plant commissioning, start-up, troubleshooting and turnover
* Experience creating and updating electrical drawings, schematics and I/O lists utilizing AutoCAD
* Familiarity and experience with Allen Bradley PLC control software, hardware and hardware device limits, control programming, installation, network requirements and associated security and supporting infrastructure
* Familiarity with application tools including Allen Bradley RSLogix, Studio 5000 Application Code Manager, and Factory Talk View HMI Application
* Experience on Woodward Control systems such as Woodward Micronet plus, Woodward Flex 500 Controls and Woodward software editor Gap 1, Gap 2, Gap 3, Gap 4 programming and commissioning experience is a plus but not required.
* Experience in the electrical, instrumentation, and control engineering for industrial facilities such as natural gas metering and power stations
* Experience with interfacing electrical system with DCS system. Ability to design plant process logics.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrated critical thinking skills, ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment
* Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills
* Bachelor's degree in electrical controls engineering from ABET accredited program.