Insight Global is seeking a Remote Software Engineer to join a large aerospace and aviation client based in the Hartford, CT area. This person will be joining a Business Operations group focusing on Integrated Data Systems that supports Military Engines programs. This software engineer will help the team maintain existing software applications related to data management and analysis. Roughly 50% of their time will be focused on designing and implementing new data systems utilizing a mix of front-end and back-end technologies. This will be done by building ETL pipelines using Python and helping to automate it with Jenkins. The ideal candidate must be expert level with SQL in order to query, write stored procedures and manipulate data in relational databases (Oracle, SQL). The other part of their day will be spent helping the team cleanse/load data into the Enterprise Data Warehouse. The ultimate goal of this group is to continue to migrate data into Microsoft Azure.
- 8+ years of enterprise level experience as a software engineer/full stack developer
- Expert level SQL ability in order to query and manipulate data in relational databases with experience in writing stored procedures
- Demonstrated experience building out ETL processes using application code and helping to automate using Jenkins
- Proficiency in Python
- Demonstrated experience with Database Management Systems Oracle and SQL Server
- MUST be a US Citizen
- Experience with DevOps tools such as GitHub, JIRA
- Hands-on experience with Cloud Computing, preferably MS Azure and the ability to design and develop APIs
- Ability to obtain or maintain a security clearance
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.