Insight Global is looking for a Security Tools Administrator to join a cybersecurity program focused on protecting a government agency from active cyber threats and intrusions. The Security Systems Administrator will be responsible for configuring various security tools across the client's environment, including but not limited to: Tenable, Nessus, Web Inspect, Fire Eye, and more. You will also assist the Security Operations team in running various vulnerability scans and reports to track incidents across the department. Your responsibilities will include:
- Configure and test security technologies within the cybersecurity program's environment.
- Provide technical oversight to various teams on the active security toolset
- Provide guidance, coaching and development for cross-functional teams on security tool capabilities
- Work with customers, stakeholders, and team members to understand the security needs of the environment
- Engage the client, where applicable, in the strategic design process to translate security and business needs into technical designs
- Testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weaknesses
- Facilitate and delegate daily ticket queue management, tasks, and projects where applicable
- Manage and react to system monitoring alerting as needed
- Perform system checkouts and testing of system upgrades and patches within operational environments
- Coordinate with enterprise partners on system outages and make decisions on system failover to different availability zones or data centers when applicable
- Ensure documentation relative operational procedures, services, etc., are written and centrally accessible and updated as necessary
- Providing reporting and metrics deliverables to leadership and senior management
- Active Interim Secret Clearance or higher (will be upgraded to TS/SCI)
- Bachelor's Degree and 4+ years of relevant experience in Security Administration, Systems Administration, SOC Analyst, or related work.
- Experience configuring security tools such as Nessus, Tenable, Fire Eye, Web Inspect, and more to meet system security and monitoring requirements.
- Knowledge of security system design tools, methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of new and emerging information technology (IT) and cybersecurity technologies
- Knowledge of specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses
- Knowledge of system life cycle management principles, including software security and usability
- Knowledge of capabilities and requirements analysis
- Knowledge of basic system, network, and OS hardening techniques
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.