Insight Global is looking for a Network Admin to join one of our clients in San Diego, CA. The Network Administrator is responsible for operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting network connectivity and infrastructure on the client's network. The candidate will support the operation and maintenance of multiple networks across different classification levels and ensure continuous network connectivity is maintained to customers and sites. This position will be in the Network Operations and Security Center (NOSC). The NOSC functions as the helpdesk for network operations support and provides troubleshooting of network connectivity including WAN circuits, equipment failures, router and switch configurations, firewall access control lists, VoIP device registrations and configuration, cryptographic device configurations and keying material. This includes coordination with Navy, DISA, and commercial circuit providers for implementation and troubleshooting; maintaining Information Assurance compliance including IOS upgrades, network device configuration changes, firewall ACL verification and changes; and supporting remote sites in restoring network failures.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related discipline. In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience.
* 4-7 years demonstrated experience in network operations and support
* Installing/troubleshooting WAN and LAN network equipment and circuits
* Monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting ASA firewall ACLs
* CISCO knowledge- internetworking including IP addressing (subnets, CDR), switching (VTP, VLANS, 802.1q, etc..) and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, PIM, multicast, etc.) and Cisco IOS
* network operations center environment including help desk, customer communication, trouble ticketing, and issue resolution
* Familiarity with Cisco VoIP, including PoE switches and Call Manager
* Security+ or equivalent certification required
* CCNA Certification or equivalent
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Secret security clearance
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.