An employer in San Diego, CA is seeking an Incentive Compensation Accountant to join their team. This person will be responsible for providing customer service support to internal employees around compensation questions and concerns in regards to paychecks, bonuses and commissions. the 1st week and 3rd week of each month will be considered busy periods where there will be more questions and concerns around compensation discrepancies. They will receive anywhere from 50-70 emails that they are required to answer within 24 hours of receiving the email. The 2nd week of each month they will be working on bonuses and the 4th week will be a slow period used for completing journal entries and reports. They will be working within Excel as well as an internal database to keep systems updated with accurate commissions and information for processing. This is a remote role but it is preferred that the individual must sit local to San Diego, CA. The ideal candidate will be eager to advance in their career but will not be looking for a true accounting role or financial analyst role which this position is not.
Things to AVOID:
- People who want to become a financial analyst
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, business admin, or a related field
- 1+ years of customer service experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- Experience within Excel doing formulas and simple calculations
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet deadlines and stay organized
- Extremely detail oriented and able to communicate in a professional manner
Benefit packages for this role will start on the 31st day of employment and include medical, dental, and vision insurance, as well as HSA, FSA, and DCFSA account options, and 401k retirement account access with employer matching. Employees in this role are also entitled to paid sick leave and/or other paid time off as provided by applicable law.